Table of content
- What is PHP framework ?
- What is MVC ?
- Why should we use a PHP framework ?
- When to use a PHP framework ?
- How PHP framework help to developed big project ?
- Common mistake while choosing framework
- Top 5 PHP framework in 2021
Also Read Why Choose PHP Developer As Your Career
1. What is PHP framework ?
A PHP framework is a platform or you can say that tools which is for creating PHP web applications. It contains libraries with pre-packaged functions and classes and elements for software design pattern.
Framework follow the MVC (Model View Controller) architecture, So PHP frameworks help to rapid application development (RAD). And saves time to build more stable applications, and reduce the repetitive coding for developers.
PHP framework also streamline the development of web applications, by providing basic and standard structure to build web applications. Using framework you can developed more secure web application even you don’t’ have good skilled, because frameworks developed by highly experienced and expert developers. So that just you should know how to use framework and be more productive.
2. What is MVC ?
Basically, framework follow MVC architecture, below are the explanation about MVC.
M – Model, which is responsible for operating database. Like fetch data from database as well all CRUD operation will be perform using model
V – View, here user/client interact using view that means view which is showing in front of client/users/views.
C – Controllers, here controller control Model and View, for example. User wants to fill a contact form, then they will fill data via View. Then, they click on submit, then Controller will active validate his data, and accept data from user form, and passed to the Model. And Model stored it into database and return success to the Controller, and Controller will send success message to the View. And finally user read his success message.
3. Why should we use a PHP framework ?
There are lots of reason to use PHP framework. Some of below
- Speed up development process
- Reuse code across similar projects
- There are lots of pre-build module for achieving similar kind of task, just need to download and use, so that you can focus on your actual project development.
- Stability and robust coding done in framework is one of the great reason to choose framework.
- Simplicity, use of MVC
- Great security and MySQL injection provided
- CSRF token provided by all most all frameworks
- Cross-site Scripting (XSS), security can be enabled quickly.
- There are lots of PHP framework available to choose any as well open source, so that is one of the reason to choose framework.
- large support teams, and their forums/communities that allow you to interact with other developers who use the same framework
4. When to use a PHP framework ?
There are no direct answer of this question, because it’s depend on who is using and what kind of project have.
If you are the PHP beginners then, initially, you should not use PHP framework, because reason mention below.
- You will not able to realised your coding is optimised or not, and in future you will feel your-self as poor developer, so my suggestion at least you should work some time on Core PHP, so that your basic will be good.
- Framework having large libraries so it will have also difficult to understand, how is it’s working if your basic isn’t good.
- You will little bit confused when, you got huge kind of PHP term at once, e.g. namespace, model, view, migration, seeds etc.
- Major thing, you are not able to decide which framework suites for this project.
If you are a experienced, then you have below reason to choose framework.
- Framework having great stability as well simplicity, so that it would be better to use.
- It will help reduce or eliminate bad coding and speed up the build process
- Many developers see frameworks as a tools, so it’s speed up development and re-use code to save time.
- Can be achieve deadline using framework while working on project
Another greatest benefit, use of framework is that, it’s easy upgraded to latest version as well high security level can be achieved in less time, because framework developed by highly experienced developers.
5. How PHP framework help to developed big project.
Framework follow the MVC architecture and having great libraries of code as well as below are the things, we should notice on this.
- Easy of use
- Rapid development/performance
- Popularity amongst other developers
- Strong features, and support/forums
- High security
- In-build modules available for free
- Easy to maintenance
- Design pattern followed by frameworks, so easy to working
6. Common mistake while choosing framework.
Mistake are possibility in any programming languages.
Before choosing PHP framework, you should visit there official websites and checkout it’s compatibility. And make sure it’s having proper documentation otherwise don’t’ move for framework. Suppose there are no documentation, when you application went live and there will be some bugs, which need to fix. Then it’s very difficult to fix it out.
Developer should very clear about framework documentations otherwise it may caused in troubles. Lets understand this by an example.
For Laravel 8.X need below configuration (Windows system)
- Docker Desktop must be installed
- Windows sub-system for Linux 2 (WSL2) should installed and enabled
- Window Terminal should be.
There are lots of command more to run for setup Laravel.
7. Top 5 PHP frameworks in 2021.
Laravel is the most popular PHP framework. Initially released in June 2011 by Taylor Otwell, it has since grown to be a mature framework with thousand of contributors and millions of installations.
It is based on an MVC architecture and uses its own templating language called Blade, which makes it easy to create HTML layouts. As for accessing databases, Laravel uses Eloquent ORM which is easy to understand and use.
Why Laravel ?
There are a variety of tools and frameworks available to you when building a web application. However, we believe Laravel is the best choice for building modern, full-stack web applications
A Progressive Framework
We like to call Laravel a “progressive” framework. By that, we mean that Laravel grows with you. If you’re just taking your first steps into web development, Laravel’s vast library of documentation, guides, and video tutorials will help you learn the ropes without becoming overwhelmed.
If you’re a senior developer, Laravel gives you robust tools for dependency injection, unit testing, queues, real-time events, and more. Laravel is fine-tuned for building professional web applications and ready to handle enterprise work loads.
A Scalable Framework
Laravel is incredibly scalable. Thanks to the scaling-friendly nature of PHP and Laravel’s built-in support for fast, distributed cache systems like Redis, horizontal scaling with Laravel is a breeze. In fact, Laravel applications have been easily scaled to handle hundreds of millions of requests per month.
Laravel is highly expressive, and its speed and security are in line with expectations for a modern web application. For developers who want to build B2B or enterprise websites that will evolve with changing web trends, Laravel is the way to go.
More Details click here to visit Laravel Office Websites
CodeIgniter is a lightweight and straightforward PHP framework that’s hassle-free to install, unlike other frameworks. Due to a simple setup process and highly illustrated documentation, it’s ideal for beginners
CodeIgniter is an MVC framework based on PHP that helps developers rapidly create new projects. One great thing about it is that it’s not a restrictive framework and can be used like a toolkit that speeds up development.
Compared with other frameworks, CodeIgniter is considerably faster. Since it also offers solid performance, it’s a good choice when you want to develop lightweight applications to run on modest servers
Most PHP frameworks require you to follow the MVC approach, and even though CodeIgniter also encourages the use of the MVC pattern, it doesn’t enforce it. It offers caching, support for multiple databases, routing, and other features that are prevalent in modern web applications. These features are neatly packaged and can be used in a flexible way.
For more details click here to visit official sites.
Symfony is a mature framework that revolutionized PHP development. Apart from being a framework, it offers a set of reusable components that can be used directly in any PHP project. These components are used in countless open-source tools, including Laravel.
Symfony is the perfect choice for developing large-scale enterprise projects. It’s easy to install and configure on most platforms
Symfony is maintained and supported by SensioLabs, has 1000s of contributors, and has a vibrant community of developers.
It’s based on the MVC pattern and offers object-relational mapping using Doctrine ORM. When it comes to creating views, it uses the Twig template engine to help you render HTML.
Symfony is also highly flexible and can integrate with bigger projects like Drupal. Symfony and Laravel have many common and unique features, which makes it difficult to say which of these frameworks is better
For more details click here to visit official sites.
CakePHP is designed to make common web-development tasks simple, and easy. By providing an all-in-one toolbox to get you started the various parts of CakePHP work well together or separately.
Reasons to use CakePHP
CakePHP is simple and easy to install, as you only need a web server and a copy of the framework.
It makes a good choice for commercial applications due to security features that include SQL injection prevention, input validation, cross-site request forgery (CSRF) protection, and cross-site scripting (XSS) protection.
Some key features include a modern framework, fast builds, proper class inheritance, validation, and security. In addition, CakePHP provides great documentation, many support portals, and premium support through Cake Development Corporation.
Yii has an easy installation process. Furthermore, its robust security features make the framework suitable for highly secure endeavors such as e-commerce projects, portals, CMS, forums, and many others
Yii is an open-source framework for building applications on top of PHP. It’s based on OOP and MVC patterns and adds less overhead by focusing mostly on core functionality.
Yii has a core developer team and experts that contribute to its development. With a massive community using it, you can post issues on Yii forums and get help
Since Yii is a lot faster than other frameworks, it’s recommended for building performant web applications. It can be used to build anything from blogs to SaaS applications all the way to social media websites. For a list of projects made with Yii, check out the YiiPowered website.
For more details click here to visit official sites.
There are a lot of programming languages, you can use, but PHP is still the top option when it comes to server-side scripting.
What do you think is the best PHP framework? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!
Also Read, What are some essential skills to become a developer in 2021